There are so many great things that you can do with popsicle sticks! Here are a few ideas to help you get started doing fun crafts with your kids.
What You Will Need:
7 popsicle sticks per flag
Silver sequins – 9 per flag
Red sequins – 16 per flag
How To Make An American Flag Out of Popsicle Sticks
- Use a hot glue gun to glue all of the popsicle sticks together on the longest side. You should end up with a thick rectangle.
- On the very 1st popsicle stick, starting from the left, pain 1/3 of the popsicle stick blue.
- Follow step 2 for the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th popsicle sticks.
- Then, use white paint on the 1st and 3rd popsicle sticks on the remaining 2/3rd s of the popsicle sticks.
- Repeat step 4 with red paint for the 2nd and 4th popsicle sticks.
- Then, use white paint again on the 5th and 7th popsicle stick, painting the entire stick white.
- Use red on the 6th popsicle stick, painting it completely.
- By now, you should be able to clearly tell that this is an American flag.
- Use the sequins to add some bling to your flag. Starting with the silver sequins, glue three sequins evenly dispersed in the blue section, where the 1st and 2nd popsicle sticks touch.
- Follow step 9 for where the 2nd and 3rd popsicle stick touch.
- Then, follow step 9 again for where the 3rd and 4th popsicle sticks touch.
- Now, use your red sequins on your 2nd, 4th, and 6th, popsicle sticks.
- Place three sequins, as evenly as possible on the red part of the second popsicle stick.
- Follow step 13 for your 4th popsicle stick.
- Then, on the 6th popsicle stick, follow step 13, except evenly disperse 10 sequins.
- Let dry and enjoy!
Popsicle Stick Reindeer Ornament
The Christmas season is coming, which means many people will have Christmas trees and therefore need some ornaments. Reindeer ornaments are very simple to make.
What you will need to make reindeer ornaments:
3 popsicle stick (per reindeer ornament)
googly eyes or a black sharpie marker
red craft balls
How to make reindeer ornaments out of popsicle sticks:
- Glue together two popsicle sticks so that they form a V. Then, use a 3rd popsicle stick and glue it horizontally on the V so that it is about 1/3 of the way down from the top.
- Glue on the googly eyes or draw them on with a sharpie marker on the original 2 popsicle sticks, that were used to make the V shape. Make these eyes about half way down on the popsicle stick.
- Glue on your red craft ball at the point where the two popsicle sticks overlap in your V.
- Tie a ribbon onto the horizontal popsicle stick so that you can hang it on the Christmas tree and enjoy! (And, you can write your name and the date on the horizontal part so that you can remember this ornament for years to come.
- Enjoy your new ornament!