Whether you are busy in the office or out and on the go, hunger strikes all the time. In those cases, it is pretty easy to run down to the local fast food chain and grab something quick, or even grab some food at the convenient store. Yet, when we are hungry, we do not always make the healthiest choices. At that point in time, it is all about what you can eat and fast to settle your hungry belly. Yet, here are some healthy and simple snacks that you should keep close by you in the office or at home (or even to stash in your car) so that you always have a good snack close by.
- Almonds. Almonds are full of nutrients as they are especially full of vitamin B, Vitamin E, as well as calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, and many more. If you are on the go, almonds are a quick snack that does not require a spoon or two hands, you can just grab a handful and eat these on the go.
- Multigrain waffle with fresh berries. If you are at home or at work, sometimes you want something a little more filling than just a quick snack, right? Try a waffle with some fresh strawberries or blueberries. If you are looking to take this snack on the go, you can always just smear on some fruit preserves, fold the waffle in half and head out the door!
- Dried apricots. Dried fruits are a great way to get a sweet snack, while giving your body the nutrients and vitamins it needs. Also, as fruits have natural sugar, they will give you a bit of an energy boost too!
- Wheat Chex. While we tend to give our children cereals as snacks, they are good for adults too. Just put one cup of wheat Chex or plain cheerios into a zip block bag and keep them near you in the car or at the office.
- Celery sticks filled with part skim ricotta cheese. Celery sticks are always a great snack, as they are mostly water and make you feel full. Yet, many people complain that they do not have flavor. To make these a little bit tastier, add some ricotta cheese. Yum!
- Sliced cucumbers with laughing cow cheese. Cucumbers are a great snack to have as they are crunchy and delicious. Pair these with some of those laughing cow cheeses and you have a quick and easy snack in a few minutes.
- Simple Bar. There are a variety of granola bars on the market right now. Currently, the simple bars and the cliff bars are always my go to. Yet, simple bars have less sugar than cliff bars, so I like to stick to those when I can—but they are a little pricier.
- Apples with peanut butter. Apples on their own are a good go-to as they offer so many benefits, including fiber. Add a little peanut butter and cut your apple in to “boats” and enjoy!
- Popcorn sprinkled with cinnamon. Popcorn with cinnamon beats buttery popcorn any day. Yet, this snack will leave some cinnamon on your fingers so make sure that you are not writing, driving, or doing something that will require you to use your hands until you are finished eating.